Next: MS Windows
Up: Installation of the A++
Previous: Installation of the A++
- download `arsc.tar.gz' using the URL: https://www.aplusplus.net/app/download.html
- unpack `arsc.tar.gz' by keying in: 'tar -xvzf appc.tar.gz'
- change into the directory `arsc' created by unpacking the archive.
This directory contains a pre-compiled version of the interpreter having
the name: `arscint'.
If the binary version of the interpreter is executable on the target
platform the installation is finished. If this does not work the
sources have to be recompiled.
- download `gc6.3.tar.gz' using the URL specified above.
- unpack `gc6.3.tar.gz' by keying in: 'tar -xvzf gc6.3.tar.gz'
- change into the directory `gc6.3'.
- configure the package by keying in: './configure'.
- compile the package: 'make'.
- install the garbage collector by keying in: 'make install'.
(To execute this function root permission is required.)
- change into the directory which contains the precompiled interpreter.
- compile the interpreter by keying in: 'make'.
- test the function of the installed interpreter:
ARS-EVAL-> (load "test.ars")
- store the interpreter (`arscint') from the current directory into
the target directory.
Georg P. Loczewski